Protecting people just like you
Parasol is a commercial grade knitted shadecloth suitable for tension structures and other heavy duty applications.
Parasol is designed for Australian conditions and made to stringent quality and manufacturing specifications.
Parasol is a commercial grade knitted shadecloth suitable for tension structures and other heavy duty applications. It is manufactured using a combination of high-density monofilament and tape which offers a higher degree of protection from UV radiation, known to cause sunburn and skin cancers.
For ease of fabrication and improved performance, Parasol shadecloth has been ‘heat set’ before rolling, to improve lay flat characteristics and dimensional stability.
- UV stabilised
- Heat set
- Abrasion resistant
- Up to 95% UVR block
- High strength
- 10 year warranty
Parasol is available in 15 designer colours
See more information about Parasol
|Tear Resistance (Wing Tear)||N||184||319|
|Bursting Pressure||Mean kPa||3500|
|Bursting Force (Steel Ball)||Mean N||1920|
|Meets the requirements of AS 4174-1994 ‘Synthetic Shadecloth’|
|Colours||Cover Factor %*||UVR Block %||Mean UPF||Shade Factor %|
|*Percentage of UVR block|
Test results (Building code of Australia General Requirements)
Smoke Developed: 5 (8 max). Spread of flame: 8 (9 max)
- Polyfab shadecloth is engineered to comply with the Building Code of Australia’s general requirements for flammability (FR). Test data available upon request.
- The above information represents the results sourced from third party testing authorities, and tolerances may vary by as much as 10%.
- The Manufacturer reserves the right to alter or modify product specifications and colours without notice, and assumes no obligation or liability for the suitability and use of its products other than those applications intended by the manufacturer.
- Colours shown may not be an exact representation of the actual product.
- Outdoor fabrics are subject to harsh conditions and degradation over time is to be expected. Parasol™ is supported with a 10 year UV warranty. During this period the fabric will remain serviceable and fit for purpose. Color fading is normal over time. Colours containing red and yellow pigments have a tendency to fade more than others. This is not a loss of strength caused by UV breakdown and is not covered by the product warranty. For more details refer to the supporting Polyfab product warranty.
- Polyfab Australia assumes no liability in the event of negligent installation /fabrication or application or choice of cloth.
- During installation, Polyfab shadecloth should not be subject to “pre-stressed” loading in excess of 20%.