Protecting people just like you
New FR Comshade™ incorporates the next generation of FR additives to ensure it meets the California State Fire Marshal Title 19 requirements. It is 100% lead, high metal and arsenic free for your safety. It’s a premium FR shadecloth that will protect people like you – and your kids – for years to come.
FR Comshade® is a premium quality, flame retardant knitted shadecloth that has been designed to comply with the strict USA and Australian flammability testing procedures. It is ideally suited for shade structures and architectural shade sails particularly when they are used in shopping centres, tourist attractions, parks, restaurants, schools and other high-volume people areas. Its flame retardant properties make it the logical choice in public areas subject to stringent building and safety regulations.
After two years of ongoing product development FR Comshade® has successfully passed the rigid testing required by the California State Fire Marshal (per Title 19, Section 1237.1; Original State, after 72 hours leaching and after 100 hours weathering) as well as long-term accelerated weathering, Polyfab Australia is proud to announce that our newly re-developed FR Comshade is now available from Polyfab distributors.
Next Generation FR Additive
The original FR Comshade® was developed by Polyfab Australia over 12 years ago, and was the first HDPE shadecloth to meet California State Fire Marshal requirements and stringent Australian Standards. As part of our continual product improvements and with the use of current new additives our FR Comshade is environmentally safe and the FR additives are less aggressive in their interaction with the UV stabilisers. Because of this new product development we are able to offer a genuine 10 year Limited UV warranty.
Safety First: Fire Standard Compliance FR Comshade® meets the following fire standards:
California State Fire Marshal Flame Resistance Title 19, Section 1237.1 (Original State, after 72 hours Water Leaching and after 100 hours Weathering)
ASTM E84-17 Class A
NFPA 701-99 Test Method 1
NFPA 701-99 Test Method 2
Results available upon request
FR Comshade colour range
Nominal weight: 290gsm
See more information about FR Comshade
|Breaking Force (per AS 2001.2.3.1-2001)||N||680||2000|
|Elongation at Break (per AS 2001.2.3.1-2001)||%||42||51|
|Tearing strength (per AS 2001.2.10-1986)||N||122||202|
|Bursting Pressure - Hydraulic Diaphragm (per AS 2001.2.4-1990)||kPa||mean||2800|
|Bursting Force - Ball Burst Method (per AS 2001.2.19-1988)||kPa||mean||1535|
|Colors||Cover Factor %||UVR Block %||Mean UPF||Shade Factor %||SRI|
|Midnight Green||97.2||97.1||36.9||96.8||not tested|
|SRI = Solar Reflectance Index|
• The Manufacturer reserves the right to alter or modify product specifications and colours without notice, and assumes no obligation or liability for the suitability and use of its products other than those applications intended by the manufacturer.
• Colours shown may not be an exact representation of the actual product.
• Outdoor fabrics are subject to harsh conditions and degradation over time is to be expected. FR Comshade® is supported with a 10 year limited warranty. During this period the fabric will remain serviceable and fit for purpose. Colour fading is normal over time. Colours containing red and yellow pigments have a tendency to fade more than others. This is not a loss of strength caused by UV breakdown and is not covered by the product warranty. For more details refer to the supporting Polyfab product warranty.
• Polyfab Australia assumes no liability in the event of negligent installation /fabrication or application or choice of cloth.
• During installation, Polyfab shadecloth should not be subject to “pre-stressed” loading in excess of 20%.